Monday, May 4, 2009

College

I can't help but wonder why it seems that finals week has become the most nonchalant relaxing week of my collegiate semesters. It really makes no sense. It seems all the stress and mayhem comes in the few weeks leading up to that hollowed week of weeks. I am sitting in my bed at 11:45 am, having had received a full nights rest, and mildly shuffling through some papers for a take home test, withering my day away by prowling on Facebook, and illegally downloading music and things off the internet. Its pretty much wholly unproductive in the sense of achievements and accomplishments.
I hate school, really. I am sick of going to it, being in it, living down the street from it. I have been going to school since I was 5, which is roughly what like 16 years-ish? I feel like schooling should be the fall back plan to experiences, afterall...thats really the truest way to acquire knowledge, through experience. I feel like going to college is no longer for the gain of knowledge and wisdom, but a practical desire to climb the proverbial ladder of "success" whatever that means. Being successful can mean so much more than merely getting a good job, living a comfortable life etc. etc...

This is the great gatsby. And I'd rather see the orgastic green light than the god damned "american dream"...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's the focus.
I remember it well, during exams everyone is focused. the energy is one of calm and deliberate purpose.

October 31, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home