Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Emotions Stolen From a Julia Roberts Movie

"i am
decades
of romantic comedies
concentrated.

i am
ripped
straight out of a 16 year old girl's
diary.

i have
nothing to give you
but my heart and a few unreasonable
expectations.
(for explanation, please see above.)

i want to hold your hand-
just like the Beatles song.
That is all.
and i want you to walk me home
and have awkward phone conversations with me
and never want to hang up.
i want to be able to tell my children embarrassing
Stories about our first date
when i kept spilling things on my shirt
and you kept talking because
you were Nervous.

i am
really, really, really
mad at myself
because
i can't feel this more
profoundly.

i am
simply complicated
and naively wise.

i am
a silly girl.

i would really like you to love me like this.
if we were in a movie, you would."

(by K.J.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home